The Fat Lady Hasn’t Sung a Note: SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap November 17, 2023
Everybody seems convinced that the Federal Reserve has won the inflation fight, there will be no more interest rate hikes, and rate cuts are right around the corner. But as Friday Gold Wrap host Mike Maharrey reminds us, it’s not over until the fat lady sings. And she hasn’t sung a note. In this episode, he breaks down the latest CPI data and explains why the victory dance might be premature.
- CPI comes in slightly cooler than expected
- The market’s gleeful reaction to the CPI data
- Three reasons the war on inflation victory dance might be premature
- The US government kicks off fiscal 2024 with another big deficit
- Interest was the second-biggest expense for the federal government last month
The SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap podcast combines a succinct summary of the week’s economic precious metals news coupled with thoughtful analysis. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and other podcasting platforms. The links are below.
Tune in to the Friday Gold Wrap each week for a recap of the week’s economic and political news as it relates to gold and silver, along with some insightful commentary.
You Can Also Listen on SoundCloud
SchiffGold on Twitter: @SchiffGold
SchiffGold on Instagram: SchiffGoldNews