Saying One Thing; Doing Whatever: SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap Sept. 22, 2023
The Federal Reserve wrapped up its September meeting on Wednesday and left interest rates unchanged. But Powell and Company had plenty to say. In this episode of the Friday Gold Wrap, host Mike Maharrey breaks down the rhetoric and argues that what the Fed says and what it will do are two different things.
- Why talk so much about the Fed?
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but up the hawkish talk
- Paul Krugman deserves the middle finger
- Fed dot-plot indicates tighter policy for longer
- Fed claims the economy looks good
- Why shouldn’t we believe what the Fed says?
- Don’t wait too long to buy gold
The SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap podcast combines a succinct summary of the week’s economic precious metals news coupled with thoughtful analysis. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and other podcasting platforms. The links are below.
Tune in to the Friday Gold Wrap each week for a recap of the week’s economic and political news as it relates to gold and silver, along with some insightful commentary.
You Can Also Listen on Sound Cloud
SchiffGold on Twitter: @SchiffGold
SchiffGold on Instagram: SchiffGoldNews