Inflation Not a Problem If You Don’t Buy Anything! Friday Gold Wrap Oct. 13, 2023
Great news! The inflation war is over and we won! At least that’s how Paul Krugman sees it. But he’s playing tricks with the data and making assumptions that are meaningless in the real world. In this episode of the Friday Gold Wrap, host Mike Maharrey dissects Krugman’s claims in light of the September CPI data. He also talks about market reaction to the CPI and shares some interesting gold news from Zimbabwe.
- Krugman writes inflation’s eulogy
- What is Krugman missing?
- September CPI data comes in hotter than expected
- The CPI formula understates shelter costs
- Producer prices flashing inflation warning
- Bidenomics requires a lot of borrowing and spending
- Zimbabwe launches gold-backed digital token
The SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap podcast combines a succinct summary of the week’s economic precious metals news coupled with thoughtful analysis. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and other podcasting platforms. The links are below.
Tune in to the Friday Gold Wrap each week for a recap of the week’s economic and political news as it relates to gold and silver, along with some insightful commentary.
You Can Also Listen on SoundCloud
SchiffGold on Twitter: @SchiffGold
SchiffGold on Instagram: SchiffGoldNews