Learnin’ Some Economics: It’s Your Dime Interview With Wall Street Trainer Alex Merced
You would think folks on Wall Street would be pretty good at economics. Some of them are. But as Alex Merced will attest, just because somebody lands a job as a stockbroker doesn’t mean they’re a good economist.
Alex works as a Wall Street trainer. He also teaches economics. In fact, he’s produced hundreds of videos on economic topics ranging from basic to advanced. In this episode of It’s Your Dime, host Mike Maharrey and Alex talk about economics and investing.
Nobody will ever accuse Alex of slacking. Along with economics, he has also produced videos on libertarian philosophy, written three books and serves as the Vice-Chair of the Libertarian National Committee. Alex says he “aims to promote a positive message to create a world of simple boundaries, abundant reciprocity and endless possibility.”
- Alex’s political and philosophical evolution.
- The importance of economic education.
- Economists who have influenced him.
- The biggest economic myths believed on Wall Street.
- The impact of the Federal Reserve and central banking.
- The importance of understanding big-picture economic fundamentals.
- The likelihood of another economic crash.
- What Is an ETF?
Or Listen on SoundCloud
NOTE: The opinions expressed by guests on It’s Your Dime do not necessarily reflect those of SchiffGold. Peter Schiff or Mike Maharrey