A Vote for Ron Paul and Sound Money: It’s Your Dime Interview with “Faithless Elector” Bill Greene
Bill Greene’s biggest claim to fame is spurning Donald Trump and voting for Ron Paul as a member of the electoral college in 2016. But Bill is more than just a “faithless elector.” He’s an assistant professor of political science at South Texas College, and an expert on “constitutional tender” and sound money.
In this edition of It’s Your Dime, host Mike Maharrey talks to Bill about his experience as a member of the electoral college and the importance of reestablishing gold and silver as legal tender in the United States.
- Bill’s experience in the Electoral College.
- Why the Electoral College is an important feature in the US constitutional system.
- The current movement to abolish the Electoral College and choose the president by national popular vote.
- The problem with fiat money.
- What is “constitutional tender?”
- How states can undermine the Federal Reserve’s monopoly on money.
- Common objections to the gold standard.
SchiffGold’s It’s Your Dime features “straight talk” interviews with movers and shakers in the world of precious metals, investing, politics and economics.
YOU CAN ALSO LISTEN ON SOUNDCLOUD
NOTE: The opinions expressed by guests on It’s Your Dime do not necessarily reflect those of SchiffGold, Peter Schiff or Mike Maharrey
Get Peter Schiff’s most important Gold headlines once per week – click here – for a free subscription to his exclusive weekly email updates.
Interested in learning how to buy gold and buy silver?
Call 1-888-GOLD-160 and speak with a Precious Metals Specialist today!