Debt, Diamonds and Gold: SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap February, 9, 2024
In this week’s Friday Gold Wrap Podcast, JD and Joel discuss why gold is down this week, Powell’s comments on 60 Minutes about the debt, and some Valentine’s Day thoughts inspired by Austrian economist Carl Menger.
OTHER TOPICS DISCUSSED
- The VIX “Fear Index” and how it’s measured
- Gold and silver technicals
- What makes Powell different from past Fed chairmen
- Debt monetization
- Gold vs. diamonds
- Record central bank gold buying
- The week ahead
Quote from Carl Menger:
Money is not an invention of the state. It is not the product of a legislative act.”
TOP ARTICLES THIS WEEK
- World Gold Council: “Blistering Central Bank Buying” Fuels Strong Gold Demand
- Exter’s Inverted Pyramid of Risk
- JP Morgan: Money is Gold and Nothing Else
- Javier Milei’s “Anarcho-Capitalist” Presidency: The Rundown So Far
- Peter Schiff: Another BS Jobs Report
The SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap podcast combines a succinct summary of the week’s economic precious metals news coupled with thoughtful analysis. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and other podcasting platforms. The links are below.
Listen on Youtube
SchiffGold on Instagram: SchiffGoldNews
The above references an opinion and is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice.