A Dog and Pony Show: SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap Jan. 20, 2023
Pop some popcorn and get ready for the next political dog and pony show. The US government bumped up against its statutory borrowing limit this week. In this episode of the Friday Gold Wrap podcast, host Mike Maharrey talks about the looming debt ceiling fight and the deeper problems that will inevitably get ignored as everybody absorbs the political theater. He also talks about the growing bullishness in the gold market.
- Gold holds $1,900
- The mainstream is getting bullish on gold
- Why the mainstream is simultaneously right and wrong
- Uncle Sam hits the debt ceiling
- The history of the debt ceiling
- How will the debt ceiling fight play out?
- Why this is a big problem if you don’t like inflation
The SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap podcast combines a succinct summary of the week’s economic precious metals news coupled with thoughtful analysis. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and other podcasting platforms. The links are below.
Tune in to the Friday Gold Wrap each week for a recap of the week’s economic and political news as it relates to gold and silver, along with some insightful commentary.
You Can Also Listen on SoundCloud
SchiffGold on Twitter: @SchiffGold
SchiffGold on Instagram: SchiffGoldNews